You’ll find beautiful places to park your RV at…
- Bighorn Park Campground and RV Resort
- Buena Vista KOA
- Chalk Creek Campground and RV Park
- Four Seasons RV Resort
- Holiday RV
- Riverside RV Park
- Rockytop River Ranch
- Sand Dunes Recreation
We’re sad you’re trip has come to an end… but visit our Local Dump Stations before you go!
Arkansas Headwaters Recreation Area Visitor Center/Bureau of Land Management, 307 W. Sackett Ave., Salida. Annual and daily passes, registrations, maps and guides to campgrounds and river access sites. Campgrounds are located at Riverside, Railroad Bridge, Ruby Mountain, Hecla Junction, Salida East, Point Barr, Rincon, Vallie Bridge and Five Points. Visit cpw.state.co.us or call 719-539-7289!
Nearby San Isabel National Forest includes six distinct campgrounds, including two at O’Haver Lake and Chalk Lake, plus Mt. Princeton, Cascade, Collegiate Peaks and Monarch Park campgrounds. The San Isabel National Forest has lots of hiking trails, find details and maps.
The Arkansas Headwaters Recreation Area features nine campgrounds with more than 135 campsites. Get daily park passes and camping permits at downtown Salida’s AHRA visitor center or at self-service dispensers at fee sites.
US Forest Service / Salida Ranger District, 5575 Cleora Road, Salida. Information pertaining to hiking, horseback riding, mountain biking, 4-wheeling and camping.
Click HERE for more designated campground and dispersed camping suggestions.
Hiking Chaffee County
Pack it in. Pack it out. Please take care of our local trails!
Maps & Trails
- Arkansas Hills Trail System (Tenderfoot Hills)
- These are the closest trails to downtown Salida! Access them by crossing the F Street bridge and entering behind the railroad tracks.
- Methodist Mountain Trail System
- Methodist Mountain is on the South side of town. This area is easily accessible by bike from downtown Salida.
- Mobile Maps App
- Download the app, then download the maps!
Know before You Go!